Coriander oil is similar in chemical composition to Lavender. It is also known to aid in maintaining a clear complexion and creating a relaxing atmosphere.
Coriander is an annual herb that grows three feet high and is very aromatic. Coriander oil has a high linalool content, which helps skin maintain a clear complexion. Coriander essential oil's sweet, herbaceous aroma makes it a good rotation oil to use in blends to add a fresh, herbaceous note.
- Take a few drops internally after eating large meals.
- Apply to oily skin to maintain a clear complexion.
- Apply to the back of neck or bottom of feet.
- After a short workout, apply to legs for a soothing massage.
Directions For Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- Similar chemical composition to Lavender
- Helps maintain a clear complexion
- Creates a relaxing atmosphere
Green, floral, herbaceous
Linalool, α-pinene, γ-terpinene, camphor
In addition to aiding digestion and supporting a healthy gastrointestinal tract,* Coriander essential oil offers benefits to the skin and mood.
- After a large meal, take a few drops internally to aid digestion.*
- Add Coriander to your cooking for its delicious taste while also accessing its digestive benefits.*
- Diffuse with Lavender essential oil for a calming blend with an herbaceous twist.
- Apply to oily skin to promote a clear complexion and/or add a couple drops of Coriander to your skin moisturizer.
- Add several drops to your surface cleaner for a natural cleansing boost.
- Take two or three drops in a veggie capsule to support and maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract and immune function.*
What Is Coriander Oil?
Coriander essential oil is steam distilled from the same plant as cilantro. The leaves of the plant provide Cilantro (known as an herb) essential oil, while the seed provides Coriander (known as a spice). This aromatic oil is sourced in Russia and Moldova.
What Are the Benefits of Coriander?
Coriander essential oil’s main chemical constituents are linalool, a-pinene, y-terpinene, and camphor. y-terpinene is cleansing, linalool and camphor are soothing, and a-pinene is relaxing. The benefits of Coriander includes digestive support and healthy immune system function.*
Coriander is also gently cleansing and soothing both internally to the body* and externally to the skin. Applied topically, it can help reduce the appearance of blemishes.
Sweet and herbaceous Coriander essential oil is also beneficial to mood. Simultaneously relaxing and stimulating, it promotes calm and uplifted feelings.
All these benefits, along with its unique, fresh aroma, make Coriander a great oil to use in your blends.