A favorite among citrus oils, Tangerine oil has a refreshing and happy aroma.
Tangerine has a long history of use in Chinese culture and herbal health practices. Tangerine essential oil supports healthy digestion and metabolism when used internally.* Tangerine oil has a sweet, tangy aroma, similar to other citrus oils, that is uplifting. Tangerine oil is known for its cleansing properties, and for supporting a healthy immune and respiratory system when ingested.* A popular and flavorful addition to desserts and drinks—from water to fruit smoothies—Tangerine can be used in any recipe calling for citrus fruits.
- To energize and uplift mood, place one to two drops of Tangerine oil in the palm of your hand, rub together, and cup over the nose and mouth for 30 seconds or diffuse throughout the room.
- Add one to two drops as a flavoring in cake and cookie recipes.
- Apply to flex points or abdomen.
- Add one to two drops in water, smoothies, teas, or lemonade for flavoring.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in four fluid ounces of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
This oil is Kosher certified.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight and UV rays for at least 12 hours after applying product.
- Internal use supports healthy digestion and metabolism*
- Cleansing and purifying
- Take internally to support a healthy immune system*
- Creates an inspiring environment
Tangy, sweet, fresh
Fresh and tangy, Tangerine essential oil is a favorite thanks to its uplifting yet gently calming aroma. Along with providing antioxidants, Tangerine supports healthy immunity, respiration, and digestion.* Applied topically, it is cleansing and purifying.
- Add two to three drops as a flavoring in cake and cookie recipes.
- Add one to two drops in water, smoothies, teas, or lemonade for flavoring and to support the immune system.*
- To boost energetic feelings and uplift mood, place one to two drops in the palm of your hand, rub together, and cup over your nose and mouth for 30 seconds, or diffuse throughout the room.
- Apply to flex points or abdomen to promote feelings of happiness.
What Is Tangerine Essential Oil?
The tangerine is one of the most widely cultivated citrus fruits around the world (second in popularity only to the sweet orange). The sweetest of citrus fruits, tangerines are a hybrid variety of mandarin with a comparatively stronger, more concentrated flavor than the sweet orange. These small, juicy, fruits have a thin peel, which is where the essential oil resides. It takes six pounds of tangerine peels to produce one 15 mL bottle of essential oil. Sourced in Brazil, doTERRA Tangerine essential oil is sweet and tangy, with emotionally uplifting qualities. It evokes feelings of happiness, joy, and creativity, and is used to energize mood.
What Is Tangerine Oil Good For?
Like many other citrus oils, Tangerine essential oil is rich in limonene and is a powerful cleansing oil. You can make a natural counter top and surface cleanser with Tangerine oil to leave counter tops and surfaces fresh and clean.
Tangerine is unique among citrus oils because it has a diverse makeup, which includes significant amounts of alpha-pinene, myrcene, and even linalool. This allows it to be uplifting but also calming when experienced aromatically.
Where Does Tangerine Come From?
The tangerine orange is believed to have been developed in Morocco and gets its name from the stylish seaport city of Tangier, where visiting Europeans and Americans first became enamored with this tasty fruit in the 18th and 19th centuries. From Tangier, these dainty fruits were brought to Europe and the Americas and became known as tangerines (which literally means “from Tangier”).
Said to enhance feelings of happiness and creativity, Tangerine oil is included in many popular essential oil blends, including Elevation®, Citrus Bliss®, and Zendocrine®. When taken internally, Tangerine supports the immune system and offers digestive benefits.* It can be used to flavor baked goods, desserts, smoothies, and drinks.